Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sahina Bose <sa...@aditi.com> on 2003/05/14 13:38:16 UTC

Throughput measurement in JMeter

Hi,

I have a question about throughput measurement.
Looking at the jtl files for my test plan, it seems to me that throughput = (Timestamp of last request) - (Timestamp of first request) / Number of requests.
Is this correct?
The timestamp that is logged in the jtl file - is it the time that the thread was created?
Doesn't throughput measurement take into account the response time of the server?

thanks and regards
sahina

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to the e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, save, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail.

Re: Throughput measurement in JMeter

Posted by ms...@apache.org.
Throughput = # requests/total time of test.  This measure is highly dependent
on the response time of the server.  Each timestamp is recorded when a
sample is finished.

-Mike

On 14 May 2003 at 17:08, Sahina Bose wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question about throughput measurement.
> Looking at the jtl files for my test plan, it seems to me that throughput =
(Timestamp of last request) - (Timestamp of first request) / Number of
requests.
> Is this correct?
> The timestamp that is logged in the jtl file - is it the time that the thread was
created?
> Doesn't throughput measurement take into account the response time of
the server?

> thanks and regards
> sahina
>
> DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of
which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an
addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the
author by replying to the e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient, you
must not use, save, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail.

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org
Yahoo IM: mstover_ya
ICQ: 152975688