Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by lu...@chipcity.com.au on 2005/09/26 02:42:47 UTC

is apache using modperl?

Hi.

I've got the following script, which I picked up off the apache mod_perl pages,
running.

/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#!/usr/bin/perl

# Script: vegetables1.pl
use CGI::Pretty ':standard';
print header,
start_html('Vegetables'),
h1('Eat Your Vegetables'),
	ol(
		li('peas'),
		li('peppers'),
		li('red'),
		li('green')
	),
hr,
end_html;
\___________________

How can I be sure that is being run by mod_perl and not by perl?

Thanks.
Kind regards.
Luke.
--
............._..
.|  .| |.|/.|_ .

Re: is apache using modperl?

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

>>http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#How_can_I_tell_whether_mod_perl_is_running_
>

> httpd -l doesn't show mod_perl.
> As I understand it: httpd -l only shows the statically linked modules.
> I obviously use mod_perl as a DSO.

that's only one of several ways mentioned in that document.  keep reading.

> I have renamed my perl binary.

if you insist.

> My scripts work from apache.
> If I run them from the command line they don't.
>
> Is it safe to assume that mod_perl is working?

the only way to be sure is to use the advice listed in that document, each
of which is a good exercise in itself anyway if you're using mod_perl.

--Geoff

Re: is apache using modperl?

Posted by Boysenberry Payne <bo...@humaniteque.com>.
I usually test for $ENV{MOD_PERL} or $ENV{MOD_PERL_API_VERSION}

Thanks,
Boysenberry

boysenberrys.com | habitatlife.com | selfgnosis.com

On Sep 27, 2005, at 1:51 AM, luke@chipcity.com.au wrote:

> Hi.
>
> 26Sep2005 @ 09:40 Geoffrey Young thusly spake
>>

>> Alexander Charbonnet wrote:
>>> Rename your Perl binary and see if it still works.  :-)
>>
>> egads, no.

>> http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/
>> install.html#How_can_I_tell_whether_mod_perl_is_running_
>
> httpd -l doesn't show mod_perl.
> As I understand it: httpd -l only shows the statically linked modules.
> I obviously use mod_perl as a DSO.
>
> -------
>
> I have renamed my perl binary.
> My scripts work from apache.
> If I run them from the command line they don't.
>
> Is it safe to assume that mod_perl is working?
>

>> --Geoff
>
> --
> ............._..
> .|  .| |.|/.|_ .