Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Daisy Guo <da...@sitraka.com> on 2002/11/08 20:04:53 UTC

Ant you have a greeting card from Daisy.

Ant,

Daisy has sent you a greeting card -- a postcard from Friend-Greetings.com.
You can pickup your greeting card at Friend-Greetings.com by clicking on the
link below.

http://www.friend-greeting.com/203746/pickup.html?code=Ant&id=0811021

Message:

Re: Ant you have a greeting card from Daisy.

Posted by Gordon Tyler <go...@sitraka.com>.
Gordon Tyler wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>> If I understand what you've said correctly, this means Daisy has been
>> infected by that worm.  Hope she knows that by now.
>
> Oh yes. She ran screaming past my office a few minutes after it happened
> to our R&D tech support guy ;)

Let me correct my grammar:

Oh yes. She ran screaming past my office to our R&D tech support guy a
few minutes after it happened ;)

Ciao,
Gordon

--
Gordon Tyler
Software Developer, R&D

Re: Ant you have a greeting card from Daisy.

Posted by Gordon Tyler <go...@sitraka.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com> wrote:

> This is an active x social engineering worm at play.

Unfortunately it uses the sending address of somebody actually
subscribed to this list.  Otherwise, it would have ended up in my
moderator queue - together with the other ten SPAM and virus messages
of the day.  Anybody interested in being sunbscribed to a "humour of
the day" list?  The jokes are not that funny 8-)

If I understand what you've said correctly, this means Daisy has been
infected by that worm.  Hope she knows that by now.

Stefan

Re: Ant you have a greeting card from Daisy.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
> Daisy has sent you a greeting card -- a postcard from
Friend-Greetings.com.
> You can pickup your greeting card at Friend-Greetings.com by clicking on
the
> link below.
>
> http://www.friend-greeting.com/...>

This is an active x social engineering worm at play. See the card, have it
spam your friends and install some stuff on your hard disk. Dont read it,
never install active X controls.