Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eric Tse <er...@netvigator.com> on 2002/11/25 03:29:01 UTC

Learning Struts

Dear all,

I am interested in learning struts framework and tried to search some articles and kick-start my journey. However, it seems to me that all of the tutorial gave me much information for the MVC architecture which I know already.

Do you have any simple war/jar file for my learning? I read through the struts-example.war already. It does not give me guidance to me to learn. Anyone can help?

Thanks a lot.

Eric

Re: Learning Struts

Posted by Johan <ja...@nilling.nl>.
Eric,
I'm facing the same problem. I just started a week ago and found a few
pages on O'Reilly very usefull. As we speak I am one part 3 and building
my first Strtuts application

Check out the following urls
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/09/11/jsp_servlets.html

It's part one of a 3 part piece and there are 2 more about struts 1.1

Have fun

Johan

Re: Learning Struts

Posted by "David M. Karr" <dm...@earthlink.net>.

    Eric> Dear all,
    Eric> I am interested in learning struts framework and tried to search some articles and kick-start my journey. However, it seems to me that all of the tutorial gave me much information for the MVC architecture which I know already.

    Eric> Do you have any simple war/jar file for my learning? I read through the struts-example.war already. It does not give me guidance to me to learn. Anyone can help?

>From the top-level of the Struts home page, click on "Resources".  This will
provide you with many links to articles and tutorials about Struts.

Re: Learning Struts

Posted by Eric Tse <er...@netvigator.com>.
Well, unfortunately, the books are not yet available in HK bookstores...
need to wait for some time..... sigh.....

Eric

Re: Learning Struts

Posted by Vincent Stoessel <vi...@xaymaca.com>.