Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by dave derry <dd...@acm.org> on 2009/04/02 01:35:38 UTC

Having problems with the tutorial

I've attempted this several times and figured it's time to shout for help.
Using ServiceMix 3.3 on Win XP Media Edition (home computer). I've started
with the tutorial, and the first part goes well; drop a file into the input
directory and it shows up in the output directory. But when I get to adding
tutorial-jms-su and tutorial-eip-su I run into trouble. I first tried
replacing tutorial-eip-su with tutorial-camel-su, but that caused an error I
couldn't figure out how to recover from, so I reinstalled. Then I went with
tutorial-eip-su, and ran into the same problem. So I reinstalled, and this
time instead of using maven to deploy I copied tutorial-sa-1.0-SNAPSHOT.zip
into the hotdeploy directory, and it worked fine; file got moved and
JConsole showed a message in the queue.

So I deleted the zip file to undeploy, and used maven (mvn jbi:projectDeploy
-DforceUpdate=true) from the tutorial-sa directory and get the error below.
I don't have any clue what could be causing this, how to resolve it, or even
how to recover short of a reinstall. Any clues?

19:34:07,316 | ERROR | RMI TCP Connection(366)-10.0.0.7 | InstallerMBeanImpl
| i.framework.InstallerMBeanImpl  200 | Class not found:
org.apache.servicemix.jms.JmsBootstrap
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/xbean/server/repository/Repository
	at
org.apache.servicemix.jms.JmsComponent.createServiceUnitManager(JmsComponent.java:119)
	at
org.apache.servicemix.common.DefaultComponent.<init>(DefaultComponent.java:57)
	at org.apache.servicemix.jms.JmsComponent.<init>(JmsComponent.java:45)
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.InstallerMBeanImpl.activateComponent(InstallerMBeanImpl.java:187)
	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.InstallerMBeanImpl.install(InstallerMBeanImpl.java:165)
	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.InstallationService.install(InstallationService.java:326)
	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.updateComponent(AutoDeploymentService.java:292)
	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.updateArchive(AutoDeploymentService.java:252)
	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.updateExternalArchive(AutoDeploymentService.java:204)
	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.container.JBIContainer.updateExternalArchive(JBIContainer.java:494)
	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.container.JBIContainer.updateExternalArchive(JBIContainer.java:504)
	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AdminCommandsService.installComponent(AdminCommandsService.java:60)
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.MethodUtils.invokeMethod(MethodUtils.java:216)
	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.management.BaseStandardMBean.invoke(BaseStandardMBean.java:323)
	at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:836)
	at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:761)
	at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1426)
	at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access$200(RMIConnectionImpl.java:72)
	at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$PrivilegedOperation.run(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1264)
	at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1366)
	at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(RMIConnectionImpl.java:788)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor48.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at
	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:305)
	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:155)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:535)
	at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:790)
	at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:649)
	at
	at
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
org.apache.xbean.server.repository.Repository in classloader
org.apache.xbean.server.repository.Repository
	at
org.apache.xbean.classloader.MultiParentClassLoader.loadClass(MultiParentClassLoader.java:206)
	... 45 more

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Having problems with the tutorial

Posted by dave derry <dd...@acm.org>.
No problem Gert, thanks for the reply.

As I mentioned, I was able to hot-deploy without encountering any problems,
so that's what I've been doing. Interesting that you should suggest a
version mismatch. I had encountered a problem with building, caused by a
ClassNotFoundException which I tracked down to a failed attempt to download
various xbean*-3.3-SNAPSHOT jar files. I added a dependency management
section to the parent pom specifying version 3.3 for those jars, which fixed
that issue. But I suppose it is possible that there are still residual
issues as a result.

Thanks also for the tip on deleting the data folder. I've been deleting
everything and reinstalling.

Thanks again,
Dave D

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.