Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Tym Altman <ty...@bycast.com> on 2005/06/01 00:28:07 UTC

Can't check out onto a SMB share using mac os x 10.4.1

I searched through the archive and found a post by someone with a
similar issue, but there were no replies. We've set up an svn
repository on a linux server. I connect to it with the 1.2.0 svn
(from http://homepage.mac.com/martinott/). If I check out the trunk
to my local directory (on my mac) it works fine. But if I try to
check out to a network volume, mounted using SMB, the checkout fails
after a few files:

svn co http://192.168.110.175/repos1/trunk
A    trunk/arraylengthtest.rb
A    trunk/foo
A    trunk/foo/bar
svn: In directory 'trunk/foo'
svn: Can't copy 'trunk/foo/.svn/tmp/text-base/bar.svn-base' to 'trunk/
foo/bar.tmp': Invalid argument

When checking out to my local directory the checkout goes like this;

svn co http://192.168.110.175/repos1/trunk
A    trunk/arraylengthtest.rb
A    trunk/foo
A    trunk/foo/bar
A    trunk/archivemanager_refactor.rb
A    trunk/number
A    trunk/number/numbergame.rb
A    trunk/tymtest
A    trunk/aliastest.rb
A    trunk/dir_check.rb
Checked out revision 21.

Is this a bug that I should report to the issue tracker, or is it a
known issue, or is there something that I'm doing wrong?

thanks,

tym

Re: Can't check out onto a SMB share using mac os x 10.4.1

Posted by Tym Altman <ty...@bycast.com>.
Hi Wilfredo,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, and both the touch and mv
commands worked fine.

thanks,

tym

Posted by Wilfredo Sánchez Vega <ws...@wsanchez.net>.
  On your network volume, did you try:

     touch foo
     mv foo bar

   That would test your theory that the emptiness of the file has
something to do with it.  If that gives you an error also, it's
definitely not a bug in svn.  Most likely then, I'd guess, would be
the CIFS implementation on OS X.

     -wsv

Posted by Tym Altman <ty...@bycast.com>.