Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leif Mortenson <le...@silveregg.co.jp> on 2002/03/28 16:37:51 UTC

Build scripts in Instrument sub projects

Someone added build scripts to the instrument projects.  Was there a reason for this?
We are all supposed to be using ant from now on so they should not be there.

Cheers,
Leif

Re: Build scripts in Instrument sub projects

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
Oh - and it also broken db aswell :)

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 20:11, Peter Donald wrote:
> As a side note heres another example of why having an ant deployment in CVS
> is a BAD idea. I went to build ftpserver and found it was broken. Why?
> Someone had changed contents/structure of tools/**
>
> ug!
>
> On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 18:33, Leif Mortenson wrote:
> > I actually fully agree with you both and had added them to all of the
> > projects right after Peter broke them out, but he specifically said that
> > one of his goals in breaking out the projects was to make them each
> > independent.
> >
> > We can open this up again?
> >
> > Leif
> >
> > Jeff Turner wrote:

> > > Oh, I should have said; is WAS me ;) Keeping uniformity and all that..
> > >
> > > --Jeff

> > > --

Cheers,

Pete

The avalanche has already started. It is too late for
the pebbles to vote.  -Ambassador Kosh

Re: Build scripts in Instrument sub projects

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
As a side note heres another example of why having an ant deployment in CVS
is a BAD idea. I went to build ftpserver and found it was broken. Why?
Someone had changed contents/structure of tools/**

ug!

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 18:33, Leif Mortenson wrote:
> I actually fully agree with you both and had added them to all of the
> projects right after Peter broke them out, but he specifically said that
> one of his goals in breaking out the projects was to make them each
> independent.
>
> We can open this up again?
>
> Leif
>
> Jeff Turner wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 07:56:47AM +0100, Leo Simons wrote:
> >
> >>And no, it wasn't me =)
> >
> > Oh, I should have said; is WAS me ;) Keeping uniformity and all that..
> >
> > --Jeff

> > --

Cheers,

Pete

Re: Build scripts in Instrument sub projects

Posted by Leif Mortenson <le...@silveregg.co.jp>.

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
It's all about the 5-min test: we want stuff to be up and
running in no-time for our users. Since there is no
binary release a build script and an included ant helps a
little in that direction.

And no, it wasn't me =)

cheers,

- Leo