Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Julien OIX <ju...@presidence.univ-nantes.fr> on 2002/03/04 10:06:18 UTC

Compiling mod_webapp.so ...

Hi everyone,

Because of an upload file's bug with mod_webapp-1.0-2.i386.rpm, I've
done a snapshot from cvs to compile my own .so .
It seems that the bug has diseappered, but when I restart Apache, it
tells me :

Starting httpd: [Mon Mar  4 09:18:05 2002] [warn] Loaded DSO
modules/mod_webapp.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash
under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)

Here are the steps to compile :

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic         checkout
jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic         checkout
apr

cd $SNAPSHOT/webapp

./support/buildconf.sh
./configure --with-apxs=/usr/bin/apxs --with-apr=./apr/
make

and I get my mod_webapp.so in $SNAPSHOT/webapp/apache-1.3/

does anyone know where to include the -DEAPI compiling flag ?

I'm using these RPM's on a Linux RedHat 7.1

apache-1.3.22-1.7.1 (with mod_throttle-3.1.2-3 mod_put-1.3-2
mod_bandwidth-2.0.3-2)

tomcat4-4.0.2-3

thanks in advance.

--
Julien OIX
Service Informatique de Gestion

Re: Compiling mod_webapp.so ...

Posted by Charles Swarts <c0...@netscape.net>.
Did you configure apache to enable dynamic shared object support when
you made apache?
(including the  --enable-module=so , etc).  Is the mod_webapp.so  and .c
listed properly in your httpd.conf file?

If you didn't see any errors or warnings when you compiled your
mod_webapp.so I would guess the problem lay elsewhere...
I actually saw errors when I first went to compile my mod_webapp.so.
 Not only did I need to cvs checkout the  the
jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp source, but also a fresh cvs  checkout
of jakarta-connectors/webapp/apr source, before I could compile
correctly without error.  If this is your situation then get the
connector source and APR source before going through your mod_webapp.so
compiling routine:

Downloading the jakarta-tomcat-connectors And APR via cvs:
(executed from where you want the jakarta-tomcat-connectors src)

#cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
(logging in...)
#CVS password: anoncvs
#cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic \
    checkout jakrata-tomcat-connectors/webapp

#cd ./jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp
#cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic \
    checkout apr

(this worked well for me : Red Hat 7.1+Apache 1.3.23+SSL+Tomcat4.02)

hope this helps
- charles

Re: Compiling mod_webapp.so ...

Posted by Julien OIX <ju...@presidence.univ-nantes.fr>.

Re: Compiling mod_webapp.so ...

Posted by Charles Swarts <c0...@netscape.net>.

Re: Compiling mod_webapp.so ...

Posted by brian ally <b....@sympatico.ca>.
'lo,

this warning may be ignored. The group that wrote mod_SSL needed to add
some hooks into the server engine, and created the EAPI. The warning was
added by them. BUT, most, if not all, modules do not depend on EAPI.
 AFAIK, these changes haven't _officially_ been accepted.

The warning is showing up because you've installed the apache rpm, which
was compiled by redhat with the -DEAPI flag. With the older mod_webapp,
you didn't see it because, once again, it was an rpm. If you were to
uninstall apache and compile from source you wouldn't see it. i see it
because i'm running mod_SSL. i suggest you ignore it for now, keep your
server as it is, and, if you get any weird crashes, try the deapi
mod_webapp. There's a mod compiled with -DEAPI floating around at the
jakarta site (but i can't remember the name/version).

/b