Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by amar's <bh...@comcast.net> on 2002/10/19 06:21:38 UTC

FOP, IE with SP1

Hello guys,

i have a an application which generatred PDF very well on IE sp2 or any
other browser, but the problem is when tried to open with IE service pack 1
it just does not displays the generated PDF.

any suggestions !

i am using the following code to generate the pdf files

FileInputStream file = new FileInputStream(input.fo);
OutputStream fo = new FileOutputStream(output.pdf);
Driver driver = new Driver(new InputSource(file), fo);
driver.setRenderer( "org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer",
Version.getVersion() );
driver.addElementMapping( "org.apache.fop.fo.StandardElementMapping" );
driver.addElementMapping( "org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElementMapping" );
driver.addPropertyList( "org.apache.fop.fo.StandardPropertyListMapping" );
driver.addPropertyList( "org.apache.fop.svg.SVGPropertyListMapping" );
driver.run();
fo.close();

FOP version Fop-0.18.1-DEV

Java 1.2

o/s HP-UNIX

9ias as web server

and i need suggestion how to set author and stuff like that to be added in
pdf file generated.

regards and thank you.

Re: Java 1.4

Posted by IvanLatysh <iv...@yourmail.com>.
Hello, Peter!
You wrote to <fo...@xml.apache.org> on Sun, 20 Oct 2002 22:20:38 +0100:

 PS> Thank you both. I did have both 1.3 and 1.4 installed. I uninstall
 PS> 1.3 and everything is now OK.
You don't need to do it.
Sumply go to thouse REG key and change thouse value to 1.3 (or whatever you need)
This key are responsible for current JRE version, that's it.

 PS> Peter Sparkes wrote:
 >> I am trying to use fop-0.20.4  with Java 1.4 but get the error

 >> Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime
 >> Environment\CurrentVersion'
 >> has value '1.4', but '1.3' is required.
 >> Error: could not find java.dll
 >> Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment.

 >> As its should work with Java 1.4, what am I doing wrong

---
Yours sincerely, Ivan Latysh.
IvanLatysh[a]yahoo.ca

RE: Java 1.4

Posted by Peter Sparkes <pe...@didm.co.uk>.
Thank you both. I did have both 1.3 and 1.4 installed. I uninstall 1.3 and
everything is now OK.

Peter

> I am trying to use fop-0.20.4  with Java 1.4 but get the error
>
> Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\CurrentVersion'
> has value '1.4', but '1.3' is required.
> Error: could not find java.dll
> Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment.
>
> As its should work with Java 1.4, what am I doing wrong

Uninstall any Java 1.3 you find, and reinstall JDK 1.4
Ask a nearby administrator for help.

J.Pietschmann

Your java installation is broken, check if you able to run any java
program first. Search java bug parade for more info.
--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team

Re: Java 1.4

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.

Re: Java 1.4

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.

Java 1.4

RE: FOP, IE with SP1

Posted by amar's <bh...@comcast.net>.
i think so, i tried to simulate teh same problem over again got the problem
, is there any way except to upgrade the browser.

thx for the reply

> i have a an application which generatred PDF very well on IE sp2 or any
> other browser, but the problem is when tried to open with IE service pack
1
> it just does not displays the generated PDF.
Well, if it works fine in other browsers, isn't it IESP1 bug/feature?

Re: FOP, IE with SP1

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.