Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Thum Chee Chon <cc...@qasb.com.my> on 2004/02/12 03:32:55 UTC

Min. browser requirement for Tapestry?

I am developing a Tapestry webapp and wish to deploy to clients using IE
5.0, but found out that the DatePicker component does not work. What is
the min. browser requirement for all the javascripts generated by Tapestry?

Re: Min. browser requirement for Tapestry?

Posted by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com>.
What do you mean by "does not work"?  Perhaps it's the same problem I
ran into -- IE complained of a syntax error when DatePicker was
activated.  I fixed it with this hack in DatePicker.js:

    // The "small-caption" line caused a syntax error in IE5.
    if (!this._bw.ie5) {
        table.style.font    = "small-caption";
    }

This happened on IE 5.0 but not later versions.  Even the 5.0 behavior
was inconsistent... it didn't happen on all machines. Maybe a font was
missing.

The down-side of that fix is that the calendar font is a little larger.