Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Michel Bergijk <mi...@cmg.nl> on 2002/02/06 10:49:46 UTC

Finding native-language definitions, feedback from the jar/dll au thor

Fellow jetspeed users,

Yesterday I sent an email to the jCO author. The contents of my mail:
[snip] I started with a portal that should display the
Company List from SAP. In your mail from November 24, 2001 about
"ExceptionInInitializerError in Applet using jCO" you answered that JCo
could not be used with an Applet. I think the same applies to a Portal? That
makes me wonder how one can connect from SAP Portals to SAP.

His reply: "You need a server and a servlet."

In my humble view I do not think this will solve my problem. Can anyone
comment on that?

With regards,

Michel Bergijk