Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Raul Cumplido <ra...@voltrondata.com> on 2022/04/13 14:32:02 UTC

Preparing for version 8.0.0 release

Hi,

The plan seems to be to start preparing the 8.0.0 release around the 21st
of April, which means we probably will be cutting a release in  ~1 / ~2
weeks from now.
A confluence page was made to track the progress for the 8.0.0 release (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARROW/Arrow+8.0.0+Release).

It would be great for the process of preparing the release if you could
review tickets that are assigned to you in the "TODO Backlog" and move
those tickets that you think you will not be able to close in ~1 or ~1.5
weeks to "Version 9.0.0" in JIRA, so that we can start preparing release
announcements etc with a good estimate of what's actually going to end up
in the release.

Thanks everybody for the great work! So far almost 400 tickets seem to have
been resolved as part of 8.0.0!

Thank you,
Raúl

Re: Preparing for version 8.0.0 release

Posted by Raul Cumplido <ra...@voltrondata.com>.
Hi,

I just wanted to give an update about the status of the release. We are
currently working towards fixing the nightly builds, we currently have 5
blockers, 4 of them related to nightly build failures.
We expect to be cutting the release as soon as we have things fixed. I'll
update here once we have more details.

Thanks,
Raúl

Posted by Raul Cumplido <ra...@voltrondata.com>.