Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Richard Hubbell <ri...@yahoo.com> on 2007/09/21 02:37:23 UTC

recursive link traversal

Hello,

I've looked for an answer for this question but didn't
find one.  Maybe I wasn't looking for the right thing.
I am new to jmeter.  I am trying to create a test that
will traverse all the links in a page and then follow
those links.  I suppose I would limit the recursion
but that would be part of the test. I would also
choose links to traverse pseudo-randomly.

Does anyone have an example of how to do this or can
you point me to an example or even a document
explaining how to make this work.  Thanks.

Re: recursive link traversal

Posted by Marc Anthony Winoto <ma...@netregistry.com.au>.
This has come up a few times.

Search for 'spider' in the Jmeter archives.

Richard Hubbell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've looked for an answer for this question but didn't
> find one.  Maybe I wasn't looking for the right thing.
> I am new to jmeter.  I am trying to create a test that
> will traverse all the links in a page and then follow
> those links.  I suppose I would limit the recursion
> but that would be part of the test. I would also
> choose links to traverse pseudo-randomly.
>
> Does anyone have an example of how to do this or can
> you point me to an example or even a document
> explaining how to make this work.  Thanks.

Marc Winoto
Java Developer
ICT Group
NetRegistry

email: marc.winoto@netregistry.com.au

T +61 2 9699 6099 | F +61 2 9699 6088 | http://www.netregistry.com.au
PO Box 270 Broadway, NSW 2007, Australia

Domain Names | Email Solutions | Web Hosting | Dedicated Hosting |
eCommerce | Online Marketing