Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Peter Adelmann <pa...@collaborative.com> on 2008/10/23 16:47:23 UTC

Could one of the developers give me a hint??

Hi,

I'm working with a pdf  form template, and trying in vain to set the
font of the Textboxes where I'm placing text.  So far setting the value
has been pretty good.  All of the objects on the form are of type
org.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDTextbox.  However, the font in the
form for these items is much too large.

I've walked up and down the object model, being able to display font
name in a rudimentary way, but not being able to set the font for
anything.  Yes, I have looked at the source code trying to understand it
as well, but can't seem to quite find the fonts collection, or the font
properties for the specific textbox.

Does anyone (and I'm groveling at this point) have a rough example of
how to do this???  I don't see it in the examples, and every time I
think I have it I return a higher level collection; example

Key = COSName{Metadata} Value: COSObject{80, 0}

Key = COSName{AcroForm} Value: COSObject{84, 0}

Key = COSName{Pages} Value: COSObject{79, 0}

Key = COSName{Type} Value: COSName{Catalog}

Key = COSName{PageLabels} Value: COSObject{77, 0}

It looks like I might be able to get something using COSName{DA} but I
have no idea....Please, could someone give me a steer?

Thanks,

Peter