Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by b....@valbosoft.com on 2007/08/24 17:34:36 UTC

tutorial example question

Hello,

I now have successfully created the express-demo application, but creating
a war with the "mvn" command from within the express-demo directory gives
an error:

Reason: POM 'org.apache.portals.tutorials:portal-applications' not found
in repository: Unable to download the artifact from any repository
  org.apache.portals.tutorials:portal-applications:1.0:pom

Any idea where to get this? It doesn't seem to be in the repo1.maven.org
nor bluesunrise repositories.

regards,

Bo van Weert

Re: tutorial example question

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Aug 25, 2007, at 5:24 AM, b.v.weert@valbosoft.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've followed the tutorial from the beginning again, using the
> proposed
> directory structure and executing all ant tasks and copy's.
>
> However, it still fails to create the portlet example war express-demo
> with the command "mvn". It seems like the pom's parent should be in
> the
> parent directory (/jetspeedtraining/workspace/jetexpress/
> applications),
> but I can't see in which stop it's placed there. It's not included
> in the
> jetexpress.zip and neither is there any pom.xml in the resources.zip.
>
> Regards, Bo

Save the text below in jetexpress/applications/pom.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--
Copyright 2006 The Apache Software Foundation

Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at

limitations under the License.

   $Id:$
--><project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://
maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd">

     <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
     <prerequisites>
         <maven>2.0.4</maven>
     </prerequisites>

     <!-- POM Identification -->

     <artifactId>portal-applications</artifactId>
     <parent>
         <groupId>org.apache.portals.tutorials</groupId>
         <artifactId>jetexpress</artifactId>
         <version>1.0</version>
         <relativePath>../pom.xml</relativePath>
     </parent>
     <packaging>pom</packaging>
     <name>jetexpress Portal Applications</name>

     <!-- Application Modules -->

     <modules>
     <module>express-demo</module>
   </modules>

     <!-- Application Dependencies -->

     <dependencies>

         <!-- Provided Dependencies -->
         <dependency>
             <groupId>org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2</groupId>
             <artifactId>jetspeed-api</artifactId>
             <scope>provided</scope>
         </dependency>
         <dependency>
             <groupId>org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2</groupId>
             <artifactId>jetspeed-commons</artifactId>
             <scope>provided</scope>
         </dependency>

     </dependencies>

</project>

Re: tutorial example question

Posted by b....@valbosoft.com.
Hello,

I've followed the tutorial from the beginning again, using the proposed
directory structure and executing all ant tasks and copy's.

However, it still fails to create the portlet example war express-demo
with the command "mvn". It seems like the pom's parent should be in the
parent directory (/jetspeedtraining/workspace/jetexpress/applications),
but I can't see in which stop it's placed there. It's not included in the
jetexpress.zip and neither is there any pom.xml in the resources.zip.

Regards, Bo

David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
24/08/2007 22:12
Por favor, responda a
"Jetspeed Users List" <je...@portals.apache.org>

Para
"Jetspeed Users List" <je...@portals.apache.org>
cc

Asunto

On Aug 24, 2007, at 8:34 AM, b.v.weert@valbosoft.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I now have successfully created the express-demo application, but
> creating
> a war with the "mvn" command from within the express-demo directory
> gives
> an error:
>
> Reason: POM 'org.apache.portals.tutorials:portal-applications' not
> found
> in repository: Unable to download the artifact from any repository
>   org.apache.portals.tutorials:portal-applications:1.0:pom
>
> Any idea where to get this? It doesn't seem to be in the
> repo1.maven.org
> nor bluesunrise repositories.

The problem is the directory structure expecting the express-demo app
to go here

   /JetspeedTraining/workspace/jetexpress/applications/express-demo

(you don't have to install into /JetspeedTraining/workspace/, but it
helps)

The tutorial expected that you would follow it step by step and run
this command:

ant copy-portlet-resources

as shown here:

http://portals.apache.org/tutorials/jetspeed-2/03/portlet-app.html

Anyway if you put the express-demo under the applications directory
(which is done automatically by the copy-portlet-resource target, it
should all clear up

I think the problem is that I created all these Ant targets to copy
things from the resources directory to the workspace directories for
each step of the tutorial
Note that all the Ant commands expect the resources directory to be
in /JetspeedTraining/resources/ or ../ relative to the jetexpress
directory
Sorry about the conformity of directory layout, and in retrospect I
shouldn't have put the express-demo project under applications/
express-demo, but Im not going to change it now

Re: tutorial example question

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.