Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Heinrich Nirschl <he...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/22 08:39:06 UTC

deploying to proximity via webdav

Hi,

in the out-of-the-box setup of proximity with the repositories
extFree, extNonFree, and central in the public group I would like to
deploy to extNonFree via WebDAV.

I tried the URLs:

http://myserver:8080/proximity/dav/extNonFree - this results in a 500
response from the server, the server log shows an exception that the
groupId is null, and

http://myserver:8080/proximity/dav/public/extNonFree - this works, but
deploys to extFree, the first repository in the public group (with an
extra extNonFree directory).

What's the right URL to deploy to extNonFree? Is there some more
configuration necessary?

TIA
- Henry

Re: deploying to proximity via webdav

Posted by Heinrich Nirschl <he...@gmail.com>.
On 8/22/07, Pascal Thivent <pa...@thivent.name> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've used the following url successfully(*) :
> <url>dav:http://host:port/pxweb/dav/inhouse.snapshot</url>
>
> I guess it should work in the same way with extNonFree.

Unfortunately not. The "inhouse.snapshot" is understood by proximity
as the repository group name (which happens to be the same as the
repository in this case).

In the case of extNonFree the group name is "public" and when one uses
this, the artifact ends up in extFree (which is also a member of the
public group).

> (*) by successfully, I mean that the deployement with wagon worked, it
> just took *ages* (5mn to deploy an almost empty artefact vs 13s with
> apache + mod_dav). See
> https://trac.abstracthorizon.org/proximity/ticket/114

I don't see such a slowdown here.

Re: deploying to proximity via webdav

Posted by Pascal Thivent <pa...@thivent.name>.
Hi,

On 8/22/07, Dave Hoffer <DH...@xrite.com> wrote:
> It's been awhile since I have used proximity but I thought you would use
> the following syntax:
>
> <url>dav:http://xr-grr-build:8081/artifactory/libs-releases@repo</url>
>
> Of course you have to enable webdav in your pom's build section.
>
> <extensions>
>             <extension>
>                 <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
>                 <artifactId>wagon-webdav</artifactId>
>                 <version>1.0-beta-2</version>
>             </extension>
> </extensions>
>
> -Dave

Pascal

Re: deploying to proximity via webdav

Posted by Heinrich Nirschl <he...@gmail.com>.
On 8/23/07, Dave Hoffer <DH...@xrite.com> wrote:
> If I recall correctly proximity did not support uploading artifacts only
> downloading them.  This may have changed since we used it however.  I
> think this was one of the reasons we switched to Artifactory.  With
> proximity we were using ftp to upload (deploy, release).

[configuration example deleted]

Thanks for the configuration example. Upload to proximity via WebDAV
works in principle, I can successfully upload to the other
repositories (inhouse, inhouse.snapshot, extFree). It's just the
extNonFree that doesn't work.

I hoped, somebody knows the trick how to do it or can confirm that it
doesn't work in the current version. Unfortunately the source is not
available at the moment, otherwise I would have had a look there.

If I don't get it to work I have to switch to other upload methods (ftp or scp).

Posted by Dave Hoffer <DH...@xrite.com>.
If I recall correctly proximity did not support uploading artifacts only
downloading them.  This may have changed since we used it however.  I
think this was one of the reasons we switched to Artifactory.  With
proximity we were using ftp to upload (deploy, release).

Here is one of our old poms.
<distributionManagement>
	<repository>
		<id>internal</id>
		<name>Inhouse Internal Release Repository</name>
		<url>ftp://XRBUILD2/internal</url>
	</repository>
	<snapshotRepository>
		<id>internal_snapshot</id>
		<name>Inhouse Internal Snapshot Repository</name>
		<url>ftp://XRBUILD2/internal_snapshot</url>
		<uniqueVersion>true</uniqueVersion>
	</snapshotRepository>
  </distributionManagement>
  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>inhouse</id>
	  <url>http://XRBUILD2:81/proximity/repository/inhouse</url>
    </repository>
    <repository>
	  <id>public</id>
	  <url>http://XRBUILD2:81/proximity/repository/public</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>
  <pluginRepositories>
    <pluginRepository>
      <id>inhouse</id>
      <url>http://XRBUILD2:81/proximity/repository/inhouse</url>
    </pluginRepository>
    <pluginRepository>
      <id>public</id>
      <url>http://XRBUILD2:81/proximity/repository/public</url>
    </pluginRepository>
  </pluginRepositories>

-Dave

Posted by Heinrich Nirschl <he...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your answer, Dave!

On 8/22/07, Dave Hoffer <DH...@xrite.com> wrote:
> It's been awhile since I have used proximity but I thought you would use
> the following syntax:
>
> <url>dav:http://xr-grr-build:8081/artifactory/libs-releases@repo</url>

Unfortunately, this URL does not work with proximity either. I tried
.../group@repository and .../repository@group. Both resulted in the
500 reply from the server. The exact exception on the server is (I was
not in front of the machine when I wrote my first mail):

org.abstracthorizon.proximity.NoSuchRepositoryException: Repository
with name group null not found!

> Of course you have to enable webdav in your pom's build section.
>
> <extensions>
>             <extension>
>                 <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
>                 <artifactId>wagon-webdav</artifactId>
>                 <version>1.0-beta-2</version>
>             </extension>
> </extensions>