Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com> on 2022/06/14 18:26:44 UTC

How to build/configure NetBeans for local use

I built nb based on current delivery branch for local use (I see that
release140 is now available). I'd like to know what difference there is
from this to what is released.

I know about the plugin update centers. And I can live with the window
title. And I've seen -J-Dnetbeans.logger.console=true -J-ea.

I'd like to know what other, if any, changes. Particularly how the
runtime is effected, in addition to the "-ea" option.

I've no idea where/how these changes are made to the repo build for
release. Where to look?

-ernie

Re: How to build/configure NetBeans for local use

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 16 Jun 2022 at 14:31, Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com> wrote:
> This is a repeat that was erroneously sent at the same time as the other
> post a few days ago, sorry for the noise.

Yes, sorry, I thought it seemed a little similar to your earlier
message when I replied, then realised after replying it was identical!
:-)

> (I will see if I can discern something from the bootstrap task)

That, and searching for "metabuild" across the repository should show
you how these properties are generated and used.

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: How to build/configure NetBeans for local use

Posted by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com>.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.