Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alex Colic <al...@pop-ware.com> on 2001/10/09 20:16:34 UTC

Newbie: Compiling JSP's

Hi,

I need to distribute an app using Tomcat and the JRE. From what I have read
I need to precompile my JSP files. I want to distribute my application via a
war file. From what I have read I need to convert my JSP files to .java
files via jspc and then update my web.xml file to point to the jsp files.

1: Could I get an example of using jspc to compile a directory of jsp's.
E.g. webapps/myapp.
2: I know there is a switch to create a web.xml file. Do you take this xml
file and then merge it with the one you already have?
3: After you have the .java files do you then compile them and place them in
the webapps/myapp/classes directory?
4: After you have done all this do you war up your application? Do you keep
the .jsp files in the war or do you take them out?

Thanks for any info.

Alex