Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org> on 2012/11/22 15:17:45 UTC

javax.servlet;version="[2.5,3)"

Hello

I've just noticed that wink-server and inherited from there wink-osgi have
a version range [2.5,3) for javax.servlet. Is the upper limit really
needed, is  wink not working with javax.servlet >= 3?

Cheers,
Reto

Re: javax.servlet;version="[2.5,3)"

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 6:17 AM, Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > I've just noticed that wink-server and inherited from there wink-osgi
> have
> > a version range [2.5,3) for javax.servlet. Is the upper limit really
> > needed, is  wink not working with javax.servlet >= 3?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Reto
> >

> I could not find any specific restriction on the javax.servlet version
> configured on wink side, so this might be coming from a transient
> dependency or something. I'll need to investigate it a bit more, or if you
> have the answer, please help by providing a patch.

Yes, the version restriction is inherited from somehwere but it can be
overridden. I just wanted to ask first if there are known incompatibilities
between wink and servlet 3 containers.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

--
Luciano Resende