Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Michael Adelmann <m....@rball.com> on 2009/09/11 09:59:08 UTC

Axis2 Performance Problem

Hi there,

for getting a better performance we switched our Webservice from axis1 (1.4=

) to axis2(1.5 also tried 1.4.1). As of this change we also switched parts = of our database schema, and so we dind=B4t test performance until now. I wr= ote a DB transformer that created the new database out of the old one. So w= e had valid and a hughe amount of data. I did some tests, and discovered th= at a request that took about 1second on axis1.4 now takes up to 10 seconds =

- (the processing of my own code takes about 300ms). I tuned all logging st= uff on and discovered that the xml generation takes ALOT of time. The retur= ned object holds a list of about 3000 objects with each holding some string= s and 2 other objects holding 2strings and 1 int.

I serialized the Whole response to get an idea how big the response is. Thi= s way it say it=B4s 300kb.

The server and the client run on the same machine (faster) or on different = machines (slightly slower, still a 1gbit connection). So the 300kb should b= e no problem - even if the XML overhead is 5 time as big as the data...

Funny is, that Axis2 1.5 takes like 3 times longer than Axis2 1.4.1 does. B= ut both performances are not really acceptable. Especially because axis2 is=  MEANT to be faster when it comes to bigger datasets.

Did anyone else have these problems and can help me out?

Some info that might be of any interest:

Running 5 services simultanously, where all oft hem use the same libaries o= f different versions (or the same). (Axis2 webpage sais this should be fine=

)

Running tomcat version 6.0

No additional Modules installed.

No other servlets running.

It=B4s not that axis is WATING when i request some lists, i can see the cpu=  working in taskmanager.

I reinstalled tomcat

I redeployed  axis2 1.5/1.4.1

I tried to work with 1 service only.

I had a look if MTOM is turned on.

I tried with java and C# client.

If i forgot to mention something important, please ask me!

ALL help is greatly appreciated!

Greetings Mike Adelmann;

Re: Axis2 Performance Problem

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Michael Adelmann <m....@rball.com>wrote:

> [...]

Can you try generating the ADB code with the WSDL to server side as well?

thanks,
Amila.

> Greetings, mike;
>

> ALL help is greatly appreciated!