Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Divya Gehlot <di...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/11 08:30:00 UTC

Drill UDFs doc

Hi,
Can anybody guide me to the page/git hub repo where all the Drill UDFs are
available so that users can check  it first before writing their own.
Appreciate the help !

Thanks,
Divya

Re: Drill UDFs doc

Posted by Arina Yelchiyeva <ar...@gmail.com>.
Build-in functions are located in the java-exec module. Some are generated
using freemarker, some are located in the org.apache.drill.exec.store.hive
package.
Currently to get full list of the UDFs, you need to turn on trace logging
and check the logs [1]. The good news, currently Kunal is working on the
sys.functions table implementation which will list all UDFs [2, 3].
Will be available in Apache Drill 1.15.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/drill/blob/a2533917b0bc387711060c739dfb9844896fe4be/exec/java-exec/src/main/java/org/apache/drill/exec/expr/fn/registry/LocalFunctionRegistry.java#L96
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-3988