Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by tim maggio <ti...@nsimail.com> on 2001/06/12 23:55:56 UTC

Generating html help

All,

I have been using taglibs for about a month, and would like to generate
the html help docs from the .tld file.  It seems like this is possible,
but perhaps there is something I am missing.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

TIA.

--
tim maggio                                             senior consultant
timm@xenotrope.com                              http://www.xenotrope.com

for any speculation which does not at first seem crazy, there is no hope

Re: Generating html help

Posted by tim maggio <ti...@nsimail.com>.
Thanks for the pointers.  The taglibs-doc-kit was just what I was looking
for.  Works great, and I have already incorporated it into our build.xml.

Re: Generating html help

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
There is already some XSLT for doing this as part of the Jakarta Taglibs
project. It is contained in the 'taglib-doc-kit' developed by Scott
Stirling.
The standard build process used by the Log, IO and XTags libraries use this
to generate the HTML documentation.

Try getting a snapshot of CVS and looking in the taglib-doc-kit/xml
directory and you should see the taglib-doc.xsl stylesheet that does most of
what you need.

Note that the taglib doc kit uses a superset of a TLD document (TagML we
could call it) to allow extra information to be included in the XML document
such that all the HTML documentation and the TLD can all be generated from a
single source XML document.

The example 'taglib directory' web app that is in the
jakarta-taglibs-sandbox area of CVS right now also uses the 'TagML'
documents to allow online browsing of tag libraries.

James

Re: Generating html help

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
Some of the jakarta-taglibs use the template in the taglib-doc-kit directory
for generating both documentation and tld files from a single xml file.
Download the jakarta-taglibs source and take a look.

Regards,

Glenn

RE: Generating html help

Posted by Scott Stirling <ss...@mediaone.net>.
You want to check this out:

http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/jakarta-taglibs/taglib-doc-kit/

Scott Stirling

RE: Generating html help

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@solaraccess.com>.
> > You could always do an XSL on an XML picture.
> But isn't there already an XSL for this?

There was some discussion about this very issue awhile back,
I don't recall the otucome.

And I'm not sure why I said "picture" there... *sigh*

Dave

Re: Generating html help

Posted by tim maggio <ti...@nsimail.com>.
                                          Tag Libraries

                                                  JSPTags.com Pager Tag Library
> You could always do an XSL on an XML picture.

But isn't there already an XSL for this?  I would think
that if the jakarta site has documentation for the taglibs
on their site, and the docs all look the same, that there
must already exist a way to do this.

RE: Generating html help

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@solaraccess.com>.

Dave Newton, dave@solaraccess.com