Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tomasz Zieleniewski <tz...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/14 09:55:28 UTC

maven2 release plugin - no dependencies update

Hi,

I have following problem.
I have a main maven project of the pom type which consists of 4 subprojects
of the type jar.
Two of my subprojects have dependency on the two previous ones.
When I invoke mvn release:prepare -D dryRun=true
everything works fine except that the dependencies from two last subrojects
are not updated to the new dev version

So for instance when I have following release state
pom - 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
sub1 - 1.0-SNAPSHOT
sub2 - 1.0-SNAPSHOT
sub3 - 1.0-SNAPSHOT
sub4 - 1.0-SNAPSHOT

and inside sub3 pom.xml such dependency
<dependencies>
  <dependency>
    <groupId>group</groupId>
    <artifactId>sub1</artifactId>
    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <scope>provided</scope>
  </dependency>
</dependencies>

and even if the version for sub1 is increased by release the dependency
version is not changed.
I tried to use -D*updateDependencies
<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/prepare-mojo.html#updateDependencies>
<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/prepare-mojo.html#updateDependencies>=true
but it didn't help*

Is it an error or did I miss something?

bests regards
tomasz zieleniewski

Re: maven2 release plugin - no dependencies update

Posted by Tomislav Stojcevich <st...@gmail.com>.
http://maven.apache.org/general.html#plugin-version

Re: maven2 release plugin - no dependencies update

Posted by Tomasz Zieleniewski <tz...@gmail.com>.
But this way I will loose tha independence of submodule version agains main
project version:/

how can I check wich version is acctualy used??

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.
Looking at central, I see beta-7 is already there, so you don't have to use snapshot.

Maybe if you try it this way:

> <dependencies>
>  <dependency>
>    <groupId>group</groupId>