Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rick Reumann <ma...@reumann.net> on 2002/08/28 15:36:46 UTC

tomcat conn pooling question

Sorry if this is a repeat post. (I'm not sure if I posted this question
here or not as I was trying to switch from digest mode to regular list
mode on this list and I ended up unsubscribing from the list so didn't
get messages for a while).

QUESTION:

I've configured Tomcat's connection pooling according to Tomcat's docs
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html
any everything seems to work fine unless someone manually kills the
open connections (or something else causes the connections to go
down). When the connections are manually killed the connection pooling
ceases to work and the application breaks since it gets sql errors
from the conn pool of
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01012: not logged on

Is there a way to make sure the connection pooling goes back to
working if the app somehow has it's open connections killed?
I thought adding  the validationQuery to the ResourceParams configured
in the server.xml file would help, but it doesn't.

<parameter>
  <name>validationQuery</name>
   <value>SELECT 'CRAP' FROM DUAL</value>
</parameter>