Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Vance Vagell <va...@vancevagell.com> on 2008/06/03 22:40:27 UTC

RE: Generic form of setCompileMdefNamespaces?

Should I take the silence since I asked this to mean "no, there is no way to do that without knowing all the namespaces beforehand"?  We'd like to shut off this schema policy enforcement altogether.

Thanks,
Vance

Posted by Radu Preotiuc-Pietro <ra...@bea.com>.
You should take it to mean "It will be possible in the upcoming 2.4
release" :-)

The reason we have been reluctant to add this feature until now is that
it's very easy to use it indiscriminately and run into very
hard-to-figure-out bugs. By forcing people to set the namespace, it's
forcing them to look at the Schema and make sure that all conflicts are
"acceptable"; XMLBeans doesn't attempt to make any check that the
conflicting types are somehow "equivalent". That's the caveat...

Radu

On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 13:40 -0700, Vance Vagell wrote:
> Should I take the silence since I asked this to mean "no, there is no way to do that without knowing all the namespaces beforehand"?  We'd like to shut off this schema policy enforcement altogether.
>
> Thanks,
> Vance

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.