Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "P.Miller" <p....@brocom.de> on 2001/06/20 09:20:07 UTC

mod_ssl & NT

Hi,

(Apache 1.3.19- NT 4.0 SP5 - Tomcat 3.2.2)

I'm trying to get Apache running with mod_ssl and openssl on a Windows
NT machine. I got so far:
Downloaded and installed Perl, GNU C(Mingw32) & the GNU make.
Compiled openssl succesfull and created the static libs and dll's
libcrypto.a,
libssl.a, libeay32.a and libssl32.a and openssl.exe

1.Now I'm wondering why in the instruction the generated dll's after
compiling with VC++ have different names (ssleay32.lib libeay32.lib
ssleay.dll libeay32.dll). Are my *.a files the same?

2.And after this compile I have to recompile the Apache source with
mod_ssl.
And the docs say this can only be done with VC++!!
Is there no way to get SSl running on NT without to buy VC++?

3.I tried OpenSA (an project with a package of Apache with some modules
(e.g. mod_ssl) compiled for Win32 and it worked well, but the last
Apache-version is 1.3.14 and the project seems to stuck since 12/2000
(also no traffic in the mailing lists). Does anyone knows something
about this?

Can anyone give me some hints, please?
Peter