Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@gluecode.com> on 2004/10/25 22:55:45 UTC

Additional metadata for Configuration

I would like to propose we add the following metadata to the Configuration:

* displayName - the ability to return the display-name element from
   the deployment descriptor for a given locale (or the server's default
   locale if a localized version is not available)

* description - the description element from the DD as above

This will require additions to the
http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment schema to allow the
additional elements; these would be optional elements so existing plans
would not be affected. The elements already exist in J2EE schemata.

I'd also like to propose the following transient attributes:
* loadTime - the time the Configuration was loaded into the server

* lastStarted - the time it was last started

* lastStopped - the time it was last stopped

* lastFailed - the time it last failed

If there are no objections I will add these later this week. If anyone
has any additional suggestions please let me know.

--
Jeremy

Re: Additional metadata for Configuration

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
+1

Hiram

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <ds...@gluecode.com>.
+1

It would be nice to track or log the amount of time a configuration
took to start and stop.

-dain