Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Sie, Yang" <ya...@fmr.com> on 2007/03/08 17:12:31 UTC

Change WindowState and Portlet Mode

Hello all:

I am looking for an easy solution to do this:

My portlet supports edit mode. The problem is that when my portlet is in
minimized state (windowState= minimized), I want the portlet to switch
back to "normal" window state when I click on edit (enter edit mode).
It is not so currently: the portlet remains in minimized state after I
clicked the edit mode icon.

I remembered couple of years back in M3 or M4, I brought up similar
question on how to change window state at any time that I want to. I was
told then the function was not implemented. It seems that this still the
same case in 2.1? Or please advise on how to achieve this.

Thank you,

---Yang

Re: Change WindowState and Portlet Mode

Posted by Enrique Perez <pe...@dit.upm.es>.
Hi,

Can you use "setWindowState()" method from "ActionResponse" object? See
the API at
http://www.bluesunrise.com/portlet-api/javax/portlet/ActionResponse.html.
So if you detect that portlet is minimized when you invoke
"ActionRequest", you can change the window state in the response...

It's just an idea... =/ I've never use it...
Hope that helps.

Regards,
Enrique