Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org> on 2009/01/22 13:28:35 UTC

Git workflows

Hi all,

I wrote up a workflow I think will work for non-committers using git
for qpid, http://markmail.org/thread/m6g2ukcsdpnvzjom and wanted to
get your thoughts on it.

It would be nice to be able to git pull from another tree and have the
signed-off-by stuff work, but that probably needs a bit of thought to
get right from a copyright PoV. Idle speculation-in-the-shower had me
thinking about looking up email addresses in the ICLA file, but I'm
not sure how to trust the incoming email address.

The workflow for comitters is obviously a bit different, but
svn.eu.a.o is still not letting me commit so I'm basically doing what
I described above anyway, except I'm not going through jira.

- Aidan
http://qpid.apache.org