Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Roger Meakes <ro...@live.co.uk> on 2015/03/30 16:28:08 UTC

spellchecker not working

Spellchecker not working.

I have tried to use your forums but gave up as the people who write on them are idiots or preteens or both.

I have the latest windows 8  64bit system and had this problem once before but cannot remember how to correct the problem.

Turned off the computer one day and doesn’t work the next time turned back on, No updates from any source, so it’s not that.

Any help you can give that works will be made into hard copy for future use.

Maybe M.S. is messing with the system, who knows.

Thanks in anticipation

Roger Meakes

rog.jan.meakes@live.co.uk  or rjmeak@gmail.com preferred

Sent from Roger's Windows Mail and has been checked for viruses.

Re: spellchecker not working

Posted by DaveMainwaring <da...@gmail.com>.
> I have tried to use your forums but gave up as the people who write on
> them are idiots or preteens or both.

Still he asks for help from the idiots. There are four  Roger Meakes in
the UK, this one makes his mother proud. And he gets help inspite of
insulting us

--
*Please Reply* as a delivery receipt !

*To know exactly what to say next, you have to know exactly what was said
before. Not just the words, but the meaning and the context behind them*.
Quoting Tyler Tervooren founder of Riskology.co
Next Generation Educators <http://nextgenerationeducators.blogspot.com/>

Dave's Blogs and "stuff" aka pastimes
<http://davesnewsbasket.blogspot.com/2015/03/blog-list-of-daves-blogs.html>

Dave's LinkedIn Networking Activities
<http://nextgenerationeducators.blogspot.com/p/linkedin-worlds-largest-professional.html>

Re: spellchecker not working

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 14:28:08 +0000
Roger Meakes <ro...@live.co.uk> wrote:

> Spellchecker not working.
>

> I have tried to use your forums but gave up as the people who write on them are idiots or preteens or both.

Thank you for the compliment.  Of course, originating from an idiot or a preteen, you probably won't feel like following my advice.

The cure for most spellcheck problems is to delete or rename your OpenOffice user profile.  Details are given in
 Details are given in
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426

Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>