Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by denny wong <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2018/08/02 04:02:12 UTC

Re: Python Container

Hi
I tried to use the python docker option in 0.8 (see below), but it didn't work for me.  I can see the python docker image downloaded properly.  However when I ran the python paragraph (2nd paragraph), I got the "process not running" error.  I didn't see any python container running.  What's wrong?  Any idea?  - Thanks, Denny

Re: R Container

Posted by te...@yahoo.com.INVALID.
I am interested in R interpreter docker support similar to Python docker support in 0.8.  Is there any plan to enable R container support?

Thanks
Denny

Re: Python Container

Posted by denny wong <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 I am still trying to make the python docker to work.
I can see in the debugger, it tries to execute the following docker command to start the python process.
docker run -i --rm -v /tmp:/_zeppelin_tmp -v /scratch/zeppelin-branch-0.8:/_zeppelin -e PYTHONPATH=":/_zeppelin/interpreter/python/py4j-0.10.7/src::/_zeppelin/interpreter/lib/python" python:3.7 python /_zeppelin_tmp/zeppelin_python-8643449992792254752.py 26068 10.196.10.37Traceback (most recent call last):  File "/_zeppelin_tmp/zeppelin_python-8643449992792254752.py", line 20, in <module>    from py4j.java_gateway import java_import, JavaGateway, GatewayClientModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'py4j'
I see there is a reference to this directory (in -e PYTHONPATH) in the docker run command, but there is no such directory.
/_zeppelin/interpreter/python/py4j-0.10.7/src

However, there is a /_zeppelin/interpreter/python/py4j-0.10.7.jar, but I don't see any "src" subdirectory inside.

What is this "src" suppose to reference?  How is the "py4j" module installed?  By who?
Please advise!

Denny

    On Saturday, August 4, 2018, 10:43:02 PM EDT, Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> wrote:

 impersonation is not supported for ipython. The workaround is to use
ipyspark because spark interpreter support impersonation.

denny wong <te...@yahoo.com.invalid>于2018年8月5日周日 上午10:35写道:

Re: Python Container

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

Re: Python Container

Posted by denny wong <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: Python Container

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

Re: Python Container

Posted by denny wong <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 Hi
I tried to download the 0.8 source codes, but the link didn't work. How do I get the 0.8 source code?

   - Source: zeppelin-0.8.0.tgz (58 MB, pgp, md5, sha)