Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@hyrumwright.org> on 2009/10/15 16:33:04 UTC

1.6.6 up for signing/testing

As promised, I'm pleased to announce that Subversion 1.6.6 is up for
testing and signing. The magic revision is r40053. You can find the
tarballs here:

http://orac.ece.utexas.edu/pub/svn/1.6.6/

Please be sure to test the bindings.

You know the drill: signatures from full committers back to me, and
enthusiastic tester feedback is welcome. At this point, this candidate
is not yet blessed for wide release, so please don't make it available
to people not interested in test-driving the new release.

Distro package maintainers, please do NOT include any pre-release
builds, even blessed, into operating system distros.  The reasons for
not doing so were very eloquently outlined by Karl in a mail, which is
summarized at the above address.

The quick version is: we don't guarantee compatibility between the pre-
releases and the final release, so if people install the release
candidate, all their repositories and working copies might break
irreparably when they upgrade to 1.6.6 proper.   We don't want that
kind of bad publicity, and neither do you.

-Hyrum

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2407947

Re: 1.6.6 up for signing/testing

Posted by Senthil Kumaran S <se...@collab.net>.

Hyrum K. Wright wrote:
> As promised, I'm pleased to announce that Subversion 1.6.6 is up for
> testing and signing. The magic revision is r40053. You can find the
> tarballs here:
>
> http://orac.ece.utexas.edu/pub/svn/1.6.6/

   +1 to release (Unix)

Tested:

   1.6.6 tarball with local dependencies (nothing from deps tarball)
   [ra_local, ra_svn, ra_serf, ra_neon] x [fsfs, bdb]

Dependencies:

  APR 1.3.8
  APR-UTIL 1.3.9
  Apache httpd 2.2.14
  Neon 0.29.0
  Serf 0.3.0
  BDB 4.6
  OpenSSL 0.9.8g
  OpenJDK 1.6.0_0
  SQLite 3.6.19
  JUnit 3.8.2

Environment:

  Debian 5.0.3 (lenny - recently updated)
  Linux 2.6.26-2-686 #1 SMP i686 GNU/Linux

Results:

  All tests PASSED!

  [No, I didn't observe failure on switch_tests.py 19]

Bindings results (tested javahl only):

  javahl
	OK (50 tests)

md5sums:

  e5109da756d74c7d98f683f004a539af  subversion-1.6.6.tar.bz2
  0ab0f26f6eb056add1b9d3059a3f4247  subversion-1.6.6.tar.gz

Verfied md5sums for (nothing more):

  8ec2a0daea27f86a75939d3ed09618a0  subversion-deps-1.6.6.tar.bz2
  2665b35dbf1f0a33c3f3b460b0bf7dd3  subversion-deps-1.6.6.tar.gz

GPG Signatures:

subversion-1.6.6.tar.bz2.asc

subversion-1.6.6.tar.gz.asc

subversion-deps-1.6.6.tar.bz2.asc

subversion-deps-1.6.6.tar.gz.asc

Thank You.
- --
Senthil Kumaran S
http://www.stylesen.org/

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2408099

Re: 1.6.6 up for signing/testing

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
Hyrum K. Wright wrote:
> As promised, I'm pleased to announce that Subversion 1.6.6 is up for
> testing and signing. The magic revision is r40053. You can find the
> tarballs here:
>
> http://orac.ece.utexas.edu/pub/svn/1.6.6/

   +1 to release.

Platform:

   Ubuntu 9.04 (jaunty) Linux.

Tested:

   1.6.6 tarball with local dependencies (not from deps tarball)
   ((neon,serf,local,svn) x bdb) + py + rb + javahl

Results:

   All tests pass, except these (which I expected to fail):
     1 expected serf failure (switch-tests 19)
     1 swig-rb failures (test_mime_type_detect_with_type_map)

MD5 Checksums:

   0ab0f26f6eb056add1b9d3059a3f4247  subversion-1.6.6.tar.gz
   2665b35dbf1f0a33c3f3b460b0bf7dd3  subversion-deps-1.6.6.tar.gz
   e5109da756d74c7d98f683f004a539af  subversion-1.6.6.tar.bz2
   8ec2a0daea27f86a75939d3ed09618a0  subversion-deps-1.6.6.tar.bz2

GPG Signatures (left-aligned because Hyrum likes it that way):

::: subversion-1.6.6.tar.gz :::

::: subversion-1.6.6.tar.bz2 :::

::: subversion-deps-1.6.6.tar.gz :::

::: subversion-deps-1.6.6.tar.bz2 :::

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2409983

Re: 1.6.6 up for signing/testing

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
Was hoping to get that for you today, but I got derailed by other things.
Starting up the test suite now...

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2409951

Re: 1.6.6 up for signing/testing

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@hyrumwright.org>.

Posted by Bert Huijben <rh...@sharpsvn.net>.

+1 for release.

Tested [FSFS | BDB] x [ local | svn | serf | neon ]

Vista Professional X64 SP2
Visual Studio 2008 SP1

APR 1.3.8
APR-Util 1.3.9
BDB 4.4.20
Serf 0.3.0
Cyrus Sasl 2.1.23
SqLite 3.6.19
Neon 0.29.0

Apache httpd 2.2.9

(Only the well known serf failure in switch tests 19 bdb x serf)

Note that I switched compiler since the previous 1.6.X releases. (2005 SP1
-> 2008 SP1)

	Bert

subversion-1.6.6.tar.bz2.asc

subversion-1.6.6.tar.gz.asc

subversion-1.6.6.zip.asc

svn_version.h.dist.asc

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2409761

Re: 1.6.6 up for signing/testing

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
SUMMARY:
+1 to release

PLATFORM:
 Windows Vista SP2
 VS 2008 SP1
 Java 1.6

COMPONENTS:
 Apache        2.2.11
 APR             1.3.5
 APR-UTIL    1.3.7
 OpenSSL     0.9.8k
 Neon            (from deps)
 Serf              (from deps)
 ZLib              (from deps)
 SQLite          (from deps)

VERIFIED:
 md5 and sha1 sums
 gpg signature verified

TESTED:
 JavaHL
 ra_local | ra_svn | ra_neon | ra_serf X fsfs

RESULTS:
 All passed except switch_tests.py 19 via Serf.  Same as previous releases.

SIGNATURES:

subversion-1.6.6.zip

subversion-deps-1.6.6.zip

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2408003

Re: 1.6.6 up for signing/testing

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
On Thu, 2009-10-15, Hyrum K. Wright wrote:
> As promised, I'm pleased to announce that Subversion 1.6.6 is up for
> testing and signing.

  +1 to release (Unix) iff the following error is deemed a non-blocker:

  In Ruby bindings, 1 test failure seen:

    test_mime_type_detect_with_type_map(SvnCoreTest)
    [/[...]/swig/ruby/test/test_core.rb:631]:
    <Svn::Error::BadFilename> exception expected but none was thrown.

Paranoia:

  Verified that all 6 distribution packages match their md5sums,
  sha1sums and to-tigris copies.

  Verified that *.bz2 vs *.gz uncompress to exactly the same tarball,
  for both deps and non-deps.

Environment:

  OS/Platform:
    SuSE SLED10SP2 2.6.16.60-0.33-smp i686 GNU/Linux

  Using in-tree build of subversion-deps-1.6.6 packages:
    neon
    sqlite-amalgamation

  Using SuSE distribution-supplied packages:
    libapr1-1.2.2-13.2
    libapr-util1-1.2.2-13.7
    db-4.3.29-15.2
    openssl-0.9.8a-18.36
    perl-5.8.8-14.10
    python-2.4.2-18.25
    zlib-1.2.3-15.2

Tested:

  [ bdb | fsfs ] x [ ra_local | ra_svn ]
  swig-pl
  swig-py
  swig-rb

Results:

  make check ... (4 ways): No failures.
  make check-swig-pl: "All tests successful, 7 subtests skipped."
  make check-swig-py: "Ran 106 tests [...] OK".
  make check-swig-rb: "219 tests, 1483 assertions, 1 failures, 0
errors". The failure is noted in Summary above.

Signatures:

::: subversion-1.6.6.tar.bz2 :::

::: subversion-1.6.6.tar.gz :::

- Julian

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2408399

Re: 1.6.6 up for signing/testing

Posted by Paul Burba <pt...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Hyrum K. Wright <hy...@hyrumwright.org> wrote:

> As promised, I'm pleased to announce that Subversion 1.6.6 is up for
> testing and signing. The magic revision is r40053. You can find the
> tarballs here:
>
> http://orac.ece.utexas.edu/pub/svn/1.6.6/
>
> Please be sure to test the bindings.
>
> You know the drill: signatures from full committers back to me, and
> enthusiastic tester feedback is welcome. At this point, this candidate
> is not yet blessed for wide release, so please don't make it available
> to people not interested in test-driving the new release.
>
> Distro package maintainers, please do NOT include any pre-release
> builds, even blessed, into operating system distros.  The reasons for
> not doing so were very eloquently outlined by Karl in a mail, which is
> summarized at the above address.
>
> The quick version is: we don't guarantee compatibility between the pre-
> releases and the final release, so if people install the release
> candidate, all their repositories and working copies might break
> irreparably when they upgrade to 1.6.6 proper.   We don't want that
> kind of bad publicity, and neither do you.
>
> -Hyrum

VERIFIED:
---------

Other than the expected differences in svn_version.h and www/HACKING,
http://orac.ece.utexas.edu/pub/svn/1.6.6/firefly-bowler/subversion-1.6.6.zip
is identical to http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/1.6.x@40053.

http://orac.ece.utexas.edu/pub/svn/1.6.6/firefly-bowler/subversion-1.6.6.zip:
MD5: A6939E209BB42038FC7B7E1A5F8EA7FD
SHA1: B7E24889501D62957B493F1009C5C90EFFE639B2

C:\Downloads\1.6.6>gpg --verify subversion-1.6.6.zip.asc
gpg: Signature made 10/15/09 12:31:28 using DSA key ID 4E24517C
gpg: Good signature from "Hyrum K. Wright (Personal) <hy...@hyrumwright.org>"
gpg:                 aka "Hyrum K. Wright (UT) <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>"

SUCCESSFULLY BUILT BUT NOT TESTED:
----------------------------------
Python Bindings
Perl Bindings

TESTED:
-------
[ fsfs | bdb ] x [ file | svn | http (neon) | http (serf) ]
JavaHL Bindings

RESULTS:
--------
All pass except:

[ fsfs | bdb ] x [ http (serf) ] switch_tests.py 19: 'out of date
propset should fail after a relocate'

This is a known issue with 1.6.x, not a regression, and should stop
the release, see
http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2009-06/0124.shtml

SUMMARY:
--------
+1 to release.

PLATFORM:
---------
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2211.2 Mhz 3 GB RAM
Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM

DEPENDENCIES:
-------------
APR:      1.3.5
APR-UTIL: 1.3.7
Neon:     0.28.2
zlib:     1.2.3
OpenSSL:  0.9.8i
Apache:   2.2.10
BDB:      4.7.25
sqlite:   3.6.15
Python:   ActivePython 2.6.2.2
Perl:     5.10.0
java:     1.6.0_14
junit:    4.6
swig:     1.3.36
serf:     0.3.0

SIGNATURE:
-----------
user: "Paul T. Burba <pt...@gmail.com>"
1024-bit DSA key, ID 53FCDC55, created 2006-06-21

http://orac.ece.utexas.edu/pub/svn/1.6.6/firefly-bowler/subversion-1.6.6.zip:

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2408075

Re: 1.6.6 up for signing/testing

Posted by Barry Scott <ba...@barrys-emacs.org>.
On 15 Oct 2009, at 17:33, Hyrum K. Wright wrote:

> As promised, I'm pleased to announce that Subversion 1.6.6 is up for
> testing and signing. The magic revision is r40053. You can find the
> tarballs here:
>
> http://orac.ece.utexas.edu/pub/svn/1.6.6/
>
> Please be sure to test the bindings.
>
> You know the drill: signatures from full committers back to me, and
> enthusiastic tester feedback is welcome. At this point, this candidate
> is not yet blessed for wide release, so please don't make it available
> to people not interested in test-driving the new release.
>
> Distro package maintainers, please do NOT include any pre-release
> builds, even blessed, into operating system distros.  The reasons for
> not doing so were very eloquently outlined by Karl in a mail, which is
> summarized at the above address.
>
> The quick version is: we don't guarantee compatibility between the
> pre-
> releases and the final release, so if people install the release
> candidate, all their repositories and working copies might break
> irreparably when they upgrade to 1.6.6 proper.   We don't want that
> kind of bad publicity, and neither do you.
>
> -Hyrum

> http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2407947

  I don't expect you to hold up the release for this. Just an FYI.

Building subversion as a  Mac OS X intel universal fails because of a
problem in apr.h.
It sets apr_int64_t to be long. Which is fine for x86_64 but does not
work for i386.

Barry

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2408645