Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2002/11/11 15:23:22 UTC

Re: [BUG] Losing GET/POST-data

[...]
> Basically we are losing data sent to a mod_perl program. We request the
> page "page.fxml?name=al&adress=sweden&problem=huge". When our program
> receives this request it will only be "page.fxml" without any of the
> arguments sent.

[...]

I haven't followed the original thread, so I apologize if I repeat
somebody else here.

But from your description I'd suggest the following: You have to narrow
the problem down after you are able to reproduce the problem at will.
That means that you should use try to emulate multiply requests, for
example with ab. See:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/performance.html#Benchmarking_Applications

If you are able to do that and you know that the problem is on the
server side and not caused by the clients who mess up with hidden fields
or form elements.

Next try to figure out who's causing the problem (assuming that it's a
server side prob). e.g. this section uses three different ways to
extract params:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/performance.html#Apache__args_vs__Apache__Request__param_vs__CGI__param

Do you get the problem with all of them?

Hope this helps.