Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Alex Shneyderman <a....@gmail.com> on 2007/08/02 17:50:13 UTC

This is not an urgent message :-) (non-xml config?)

But an important nevertheless:

I wonder what are the options of configuring iBatis sqlMapClient non-xml way?
Some documentation, tips, samples would be of great help.

Alex.

Re: This is not an urgent message :-) (non-xml config?)

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
I recently just added some "better" APIs for this.  Unfortunately they're
still not fantastic, but they're getting there.  It's a slow refactoring
process, because historically iBATIS was a purposely XML focused framework.

The idea was to use this new API to offer new configuration options like
annotations, convention based configuration and also just using this Java
API to configure it directly.

The remaining refactorings involve cleaning up the method signatures for
things like adding new mapped statements....they currently have like 15
parameters....just a raw extract method refactoring.  But at least all of
the types are safe etc, not just string based like the XML configuration
is.

It's getting there.  I'll keep the list posted on progress and it will
probably be available by the next release.

Clinton

Posted by Shan Syed <sh...@gmail.com>.
Are you trying to create mappings dynamically, or protect your configuration
from being tampered with or messed up?

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
There are essentially no options for this now.  The parser code does much
more than parsing - there is a lot of validation and preparation work mixed
in with the parse.  It would be very difficult to separate those functions
with the current code base.

This is a high priority to fix in the next version of iBATIS (3.0), but it
will be quite some time before we see that.

Jeff Butler