Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Bagepalli, Kiran" <kb...@informatica.com> on 2002/10/09 23:17:54 UTC

DOMWriter functionality

I was looking at DOMWriter::writeToString. Here the encoding is temporarily
set to UTF16EncodingString and then the document is processed. However
assuming I actually have in the DOM, Shift_JIS data(my document encoding is
set to this), the output will change the encoding to UTF16EncodingString

*fFormatter << gXMLDecl_EncodingDecl << fEncodingUsed << gXMLDecl_separator;

fEncodingUsed will be UTF-16 instead of Shift_JIS

Actually my main problem is for the XMLFormatTarget to get me Unicode rather
than XMLByte since we have to pass on the data in Unicode. I think it is
time consuming to have another conversion. Cannot there be two flavours of
writeChar.

Thanks
Kiran