Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alvin Hung <al...@hotmail.com> on 2000/11/21 12:31:44 UTC

<%@ include %> too conservative?

Hi,

Currently in Tomcat 3.1 <%@ include %> will prevent you from including the
same jsp > 1 times.  However, if I have a page and I want to display the
same menu structure at the top AND the bottom, I do want to include the same
jsp twice!  Is there a way to get around this limitation?  I really don't
want to do cut and paste.  Thanks.

Re: <%@ include %> too conservative?

Posted by Anne and Bill Moore <nz...@bellsouth.net>.
Alvin Hung wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently in Tomcat 3.1 <%@ include %> will prevent you from including the
> same jsp > 1 times.  However, if I have a page and I want to display the
> same menu structure at the top AND the bottom, I do want to include the same
> jsp twice!  Is there a way to get around this limitation?  I really don't
> want to do cut and paste.  Thanks.

> Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com
Yes I previously investigated the same problem, but I dont thing this
was a limitation, it was  a bug - 3.2 versions of Tomcat ( betas 7 and 8
), 4.0 versions of Tomcat, and various other servlet engines I have
tried all allow  multiple includes of the same file
--
Thanks and Regards
Anne and Bill Moore