Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Vivien Barousse <ba...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/01 16:54:46 UTC

Ideas about ROL-1304 issue

Hi all,

I'd like to work on the ROL-1304 issue (Simplification of setup's third
step).

I would have some reviews on my initial idea, before implementing it.

Here's how I see this enhancement :
- Updating the link on the third step, to send users to a new page,
dedicated to front-page configuration. This page should be accessible
only via setup page.
- User friendly front-page configuration page, with a drop-down list for
front-page blog selection and a check-box for "Enable aggregated front
page".

What do you think about that ? Any other suggestion ?

Vivien Barousse

Re: Ideas about ROL-1304 issue

Posted by Vivien Barousse <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 2008-04-05 at 11:32 -0400, Dave wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Vivien Barousse
> <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  I'd like to work on the ROL-1304 issue (Simplification of setup's third
> >  step). I would have some reviews on my initial idea, before implementing it.
> >
> >  Here's how I see this enhancement :
> >  - Updating the link on the third step, to send users to a new page,
> >  dedicated to front-page configuration. This page should be accessible
> >  only via setup page.
> >  - User friendly front-page configuration page, with a drop-down list for
> >  front-page blog selection and a check-box for "Enable aggregated front
> >  page".
>
> Excellent! That sounds like exactly what we want.
>
> - Dave

Great :)

It attached a patch to the issue.

Hope you'll like it.