Posted to users@felix.apache.org by NOSPAM <no...@bluemail.ch> on 2014/10/19 13:37:36 UTC

FileInstall fragment support problem with (Provide/Require-Capability)

Hi
I have experienced the a problem with the current version (3.4.0) of the
Apache File Install bundle.,
it does not process the Require / Provide Capability definition
correctly or does ignore them.
In my case I have a bundle that requires a configuration capability from
a fragment that provides it.

The following situation is reproducible and does not work.
1 ) Create a bundle with a Require-Capability definition in the MANIFEST
2) Create a fragment for that bundle with a Provide-Capability
definition in the MANIFEST
3) Place both in the load folder observed by the FileInstall bundle.
4) Observe the error (copy of my error)
g! ERROR: Bundle org.raspberry.platform.cfg.configurator [40] Error
starting
file:/home/pi/develop/felix-framework-4.4.1/load/org.raspberry.platform.cfg.configurator-1.0.0.jar
(org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle
org.raspberry.platform.cfg.configurator [40]: Unable to resolve 40.0:
missing requirement [40.0] plattform.configuration; (*))

If I install the fragment manually from the console the bundle starts
immediately.
Since I'm a new user of the file apache file install bundle - can
someone with more
experience validate this observation? I would file a bug report if
someone can confirm that.

Regards Markus