Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by gubbu gubbu <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/03 20:10:37 UTC

Windows and JDK setup for Jmeter

My oracle client forces a jdk 1.3 installation .But I cannot use Jmeter with 1.3 with SSL . So how can I point to JDK 1.5 without unintalling JDK 1.3 ? Is there any place in windows version of jmeter where I can specify "JAVA_HOME"?

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Windows and JDK setup for Jmeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 04/01/07, git <gi...@cubicalland.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 11:10 -0800, gubbu gubbu wrote:
>
> > My oracle client forces a jdk 1.3 installation .But I cannot use Jmeter with 1.3 with SSL . So how can I point to JDK 1.5 without unintalling JDK 1.3 ? Is there any place in windows version of jmeter where I can specify "JAVA_HOME"?
> >

> Sorry to answer these out of order.  The solution is simple - just put
> the full path to the java exec you want on the command line. java.exe
> then uses the directory from which it is launched to work out where its
> jars etc are.  If it still picks the wrong jars (though it will get the
> correct exe this way) spec the classpath on the command line as well.

Not possible to change the classpath on the command-line - the -jar
flag overrides any classpath.

What I do is set JAVA_HOME, and then add %JAVA_HOME%\bin to the PATH.

Re: Windows and JDK setup for Jmeter

Posted by git <gi...@cubicalland.com>.
On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 11:10 -0800, gubbu gubbu wrote:

> My oracle client forces a jdk 1.3 installation .But I cannot use Jmeter with 1.3 with SSL . So how can I point to JDK 1.5 without unintalling JDK 1.3 ? Is there any place in windows version of jmeter where I can specify "JAVA_HOME"?

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Sorry to answer these out of order.  The solution is simple - just put
the full path to the java exec you want on the command line. java.exe
then uses the directory from which it is launched to work out where its
jars etc are.  If it still picks the wrong jars (though it will get the
correct exe this way) spec the classpath on the command line as well.

Cheers

AJ

www.cubicalland.com
www.nerds-central.blogspot.com

Re: Windows and JDK setup for Jmeter

Posted by Sk...@londen-insurance.com.

It appears you can specify the environment variable "JM_LAUNCH" with the
full path to the JDK's version of java.exe (eg:
C:\java\jdk\1.5\bin\java.exe ).  The jmeter.bat file will use this
environment variable, if defined, to determine which java.exe to execute
(it defaults to the first java.exe in your PATH env var).

HTH,

Skyler Bingham
skyler.bingham@londen-insurance.com
(602) 957-1650 x1139

             gubbu gubbu
             <gubbu_gubbu@yaho
             o.com>                                                     To
                                       Meter Users List
             01/03/2007 12:10          <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Windows and JDK setup for Jmeter
               "JMeter Users
                   List"
             <jmeter-user@jaka
              rta.apache.org>

My oracle client forces a jdk 1.3 installation .But I cannot use Jmeter
with 1.3 with SSL . So how can I point to JDK 1.5 without unintalling JDK
1.3 ? Is there any place in windows version of jmeter where I can specify
"JAVA_HOME"?

http://mail.yahoo.com

This e-mail and files transmitted with it are confidential, and are
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail
is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or
agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby
communication is strictly prohibited.  If you are not one of the named
recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you received this
message in error, please immediately notify security@londen-insurance.com
 by e-mail, and destroy the original message.  Thank You.