Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Joseph Naegele <jn...@grierforensics.com> on 2016/02/22 16:08:40 UTC

ScoringFilters and LinkRank interoperability

Hi everyone,

I have a couple questions about Nutch's LinkRank tools. The wiki docs for
using the WebGraph/LinkRank tools appear to be useful but I have the
following questions:

1.       The docs say, like PageRank, all links start with a common score.
Does this mean LinkRank is not affected by the results of ScoringFilters?

2.       Can I, or should I, use ScoringFilters in addition to LinkRank?
Essentially, what happens if I do?

3.       Can LinkRank operate only on indexed resource links and *not* other
links (things that aren't indexed, e.g. only HTML pages but not crawled
images)

My goal is to score non-indexed resources (e.g. binary file types) as a
function of indexed resource scores in order to guide the crawl, where
indexed resources are scored via LinkRank.

Thanks,

Joe