Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/24 04:19:05 UTC

Jena / Stanbol success stories?

Hi all, I was just wondering if anybody knows of, or is involved with,
any projects using Jena and/or Stanbol which (have been|can be)
discussed and cited publicly?

A local company that I've been talking to is interested in possibly
using SemWeb technology (specifically, Jena/Stanbol) internally, but
are looking for some evidence to support the assertion that this
technology delivers and is "for real".

Any pointers or references would be appreciated... or if you are
personally involved in something and are willing to talk about it
(possibly with appropriate NDAs, etc. in place), I'd love to talk to
you.

Thanks,

Phil
---
This message optimized for indexing by NSA PRISM

Re: Jena / Stanbol success stories?

Posted by Enrico Daga <en...@open.ac.uk>.
The Linked Open Data endpoint of The Open University is built on top
of Jena Fuseki.

http://data.open.ac.uk/

Best,
Enrico

--
Enrico Daga
Project Officer - Linked Data

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org>.
Phillip

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Bob, that's good to know!

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bob DuCharme <bo...@snee.com>.
Hi Phil,

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hey Andy, thanks very much.  This is great stuff.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com>.
That's really useful, thank you so much!

Re: Are there graph/table based tools for browsing/editing a large TDB store?

Posted by Olivier Rossel <ol...@gmail.com>.
You may want to have a look at Datao
http://datao.net

There is a video guided tour.
FYI, the forms at 1mn30 are read/write.

Feel free to discuss that on https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/datao
or contact me privately.

Posted by Deyan Chen <ch...@neusoft.com>.
Hi kamalraj,

Posted by Martynas Jusevičius <ma...@graphity.org>.
David,

consider Graphity Client as well: https://github.com/Graphity/graphity-client

Martynas
graphityhq.com

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@salzburgresearch.at>.
Hi Phil,

the Redlink Platform combines both Stanbol and Marmotta following a PaaS
approach, if that count for you as "for real".

Further details at http://dev.redlink.io/api

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández
Senior Researcher

Re: Jena / Stanbol success stories?

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@salzburgresearch.at>.
Hi Phil,

Posted by Rob Walpole <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Phil,

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Adam!

Posted by Rob Walpole <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Phil,

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Adam!

Posted by Adam Retter <ad...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@epimorphics.com>.
On 24/11/14 03:19, Phillip Rhodes wrote:
> Hi all, I was just wondering if anybody knows of, or is involved with,
> any projects using Jena and/or Stanbol which (have been|can be)
> discussed and cited publicly?
>
> A local company that I've been talking to is interested in possibly
> using SemWeb technology (specifically, Jena/Stanbol) internally, but
> are looking for some evidence to support the assertion that this
> technology delivers and is "for real".
>
> Any pointers or references would be appreciated... or if you are
> personally involved in something and are willing to talk about it
> (possibly with appropriate NDAs, etc. in place), I'd love to talk to
> you.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Phil
> ---
> This message optimized for indexing by NSA PRISM

The Environment Agency and the Land Registry (both parts of UK
government) use a Apache Jena Fuseki based stack in live systems built
by Epimorphics.

http://environment.data.gov.uk/

http://landregistry.data.gov.uk/

	Andy

Re: Jena / Stanbol success stories?

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <so...@cs.manchester.ac.uk>.
Yes, a bigger preamble would be needed on top. I would not say it is
frowned upon, what we can't say is that Jena is made by or for these
companies.

and perhaps only truly self-reported ones could be listed, e.g. exclude IBM
and those Andy found out by looking at error messages.. ;)

How other projects do this:

http://hadoop.apache.org/#Who+Uses+Hadoop%3F

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=30744222

http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/PoweredBy

So the trend is to put such a list in a separate wiki page so it is more
obviously not endorsement and easier to see that you can add yourself.

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <so...@cs.manchester.ac.uk>.
I've taken the liberty to forward this thread to the brand new
marketing@apache.org list, to see what they say. I'm sure we can
figure out the right  weasel words to add.. :)

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-marketing/

https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/linking#productsupport also
have some guidance even though this listing wouldn't be about "product
support".

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science

Re: Jena / Stanbol success stories?

Posted by Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org>.

Posted by Damian Steer <d....@bris.ac.uk>.

From:  Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Date:  Wednesday, 26 November 2014 15:44
To:  "users@jena.apache.org" <us...@jena.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: Jena / Stanbol success stories?

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Milorad Tosic <mb...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Our Semantic Linked Data management platform www.tasorone.com uses Jena's ARQ and offers Jena TDB based implementation as a default triplestore.

Regards,Milorad

Posted by Sarven Capadisli <in...@csarven.ca>.
On 2014-11-25 17:03, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:
> The 270a Statistical Linked Dataspaces http://270a.info/ by Sarven Capadisli
>
> uses Jena TDB and Fuseki.
>
> http://csarven.ca/linked-statistical-data-analysis
> http://csarven.ca/statistical-linked-dataspaces

Just to add to this, bulk of the work is mentioned in paper:

http://csarven.ca/linked-sdmx-data

If you prefer, you can dig out an outdated PDF of it floating around
somewhere, which I won't bother to cite here ;)

IIRC, last time I checked, there was about 3.5 billion triples across -
Stalin was right.

Each of the LDspace runs its own SPARQL service. Here is a small example
as to what that entails:

http://stats.270a.info/

Stian linked to its paper above.

So, yes, support Apache Jena because it is good to R&D community! And as
you can see from the responses in this thread, it is a very healthy
community.

-Sarven
http://csarven.ca/#i

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <so...@cs.manchester.ac.uk>.

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <so...@cs.manchester.ac.uk>.

Posted by Alessandro Adamou <al...@open.ac.uk>.
In the Listening Experience Database, we are using Fuseki and the
Stanbol Entityhub backing up Drupal 7 to support a crowd-sourced linked
dataset.

http://www.open.ac.uk/Arts/LED
http://led.kmi.open.ac.uk/linkeddata/

best