Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Bill Havanki <bh...@clouderagovt.com> on 2014/02/19 23:12:22 UTC

[DISCUSS] Accumulo Bylaws and Commit and Review

There are a couple of spots in the proposed bylaws that imply, or call for,
details on how the project handles commits and code reviews. While that
process should be spelled out, I believe that the work is significant
enough that it should be refactored into its own effort, and the bylaws
merely refer to it.

Here are the spots I found, which have also been commented upon in the doc.

1. Voting: -1 may be applied to a commit.
2. Actions table: Code Change as lazy approval.

I'm not saying the current state is correct or not, as it's just what was
present for ZK when Arshak made the copy. My suggestion is to replace the
statements in the bylaws with referral to our Commit and Review standards,
to be published later (hopefully not RSN [1]).

Thoughts?

[1] http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=real+soon+now

Re: [DISCUSS] Accumulo Bylaws and Commit and Review

Posted by Bill Havanki <bh...@clouderagovt.com>.
I'll make edits to the bylaw doc in accordance with the above. Please feel
free to still comment here.