Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@apache.org> on 2016/08/30 15:03:41 UTC

ApacheCon Seville CFP closes September 9th

It's traditional. We wait for the last minute to get our talk proposals
in for conferences.

Well, the last minute has arrived. The CFP for ApacheCon Seville closes
on September 9th, which is less than 2 weeks away. It's time to get your
talks in, so that we can make this the best ApacheCon yet.

It's also time to discuss with your developer and user community whether
there's a track of talks that you might want to propose, so that you
have more complete coverage of your project than a talk or two.

For Apache Big Data, the relevant URLs are:
Event details:
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-europe
CFP:
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-europe/program/cfp

For ApacheCon Europe, the relevant URLs are:
Event details: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-europe
CFP: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-europe/program/cfp

This year, we'll be reviewing papers "blind" - that is, looking at the
abstracts without knowing who the speaker is. This has been shown to
eliminate the "me and my buddies" nature of many tech conferences,
producing more diversity, and more new speakers. So make sure your
abstracts clearly explain what you'll be talking about.

For further updated about ApacheCon, follow us on Twitter, @ApacheCon,
or drop by our IRC channel, #apachecon on the Freenode IRC network.

--
Rich Bowen
WWW: http://apachecon.com/

Re: ApacheCon Seville - geospatial track

Posted by Thomas Burgess | indoors <th...@indoo.rs>.
Dear All

I’d be happy to give an updated talk on indoo.rs geospatial big data stuff.

best,
Thomas

On 2 September 2016 at 16:28:04, George Percivall (gpercivall@opengeospatial.org) wrote:

Geospatial enthusiasts,

Rich’s message below not only encourages papers for Seville by next Friday September 9th, but also suggests discussing conference tracks.

Shall we again organize a “geospatial track”? The geospatial track in Vancouver stretched across several sessions, was well attended and resulted in substantial project discussions about geospatial.

For Vancouver we encouraged people to submit papers using this title format “Geospatial track: (your title)”. We sent that suggestion to dev@sis.apache.org <ma...@sis.apache.org> and got good response. I am game to send a similar message to dev unless there are objections.

My colleague Ingo Simonis will be submitting a paper based on several OGC activities including the Location Powers:Big Data event. #LPBigData is September 20th so that workshop including discussion of open source will be complete before Seville. Results of the Apache Vancouver geospatial will be inputs to #LPBigData
http://www.locationpowers.net/ <http://www.locationpowers.net/>

George

> From: Rich Bowen <rbowen@apache.org <ma...@apache.org>>
> Subject: ApacheCon Seville CFP closes September 9th
> Date: August 30, 2016 at 11:03:41 AM EDT
> To: apachecon-discuss@apache.org <ma...@apache.org>
>
> It's traditional. We wait for the last minute to get our talk proposals
> in for conferences.
>
> Well, the last minute has arrived. The CFP for ApacheCon Seville closes
> on September 9th, which is less than 2 weeks away. It's time to get your
> talks in, so that we can make this the best ApacheCon yet.
>
> It's also time to discuss with your developer and user community whether
> there's a track of talks that you might want to propose, so that you
> have more complete coverage of your project than a talk or two.
>
> For Apache Big Data, the relevant URLs are:
> Event details:
> http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-europe <http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-europe>
> CFP:
> http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-europe/program/cfp
>
> For ApacheCon Europe, the relevant URLs are:
> Event details: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-europe
> CFP: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-europe/program/cfp
>
> This year, we'll be reviewing papers "blind" - that is, looking at the
> abstracts without knowing who the speaker is. This has been shown to
> eliminate the "me and my buddies" nature of many tech conferences,
> producing more diversity, and more new speakers. So make sure your
> abstracts clearly explain what you'll be talking about.
>
> For further updated about ApacheCon, follow us on Twitter, @ApacheCon,
> or drop by our IRC channel, #apachecon on the Freenode IRC network.
>
> --
> Rich Bowen
> WWW: http://apachecon.com/
> Twitter: @ApacheCon

Dr Thomas Burgess
Chief Research Officer
+43 660 5981845
thomas@indoo.rs
www.indoo.rs
This email and its attachments are confidential.

Re: ApacheCon Seville - geospatial track

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.
Hello Sergio

Le 21/09/16 � 14:37, Sergio Fern�ndez a �crit :
> Have you manage to get enough talk for a track again?

We do not know yet. I think we will know in about 1 week which proposals
have been accepted. But I think that not many proposals had the
"[geospatial track]" in their title; maybe 3. I guess it may take more
time before the geospatial aspects federate a wider range of communities
at Apache.

> Looking forward to meet you again in Sevilla ;-)

Yes, if my talk proposal is accepted :-).

    Martin

Re: ApacheCon Seville - geospatial track

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi,

sorry, I've been on vacations for the last three weeks, so I missed this
thread.

Have you manage to get enough talk for a track again?

Looking forward to meet you again in Sevilla ;-)

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager

Re: ApacheCon Seville - geospatial track

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.
Hello Ingo

Thanks for developing a talk submission, I would be very interested to
see all the topic you mentioned. If there is any use, I could volunteer
for contributing a sub-part of the API part. Not in the WebAPI part, but
I could propose some content for the "API in declarative code" part if
there is an interest for that.

    Martin

Le 05/09/16 � 12:46, Ingo Simonis a �crit :

Posted by Ingo Simonis <is...@opengeospatial.org>.
Martin,

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.
Hello Georges

Thanks a lot for the proposal. I would be very interested in a
geospatial track, if there is other supporters. Of course both messages
to this list or to the dev@sis.apache.org mailing list are fine, as
peoples prefer.

One thing that I would like very much, if possible, would be a
presentation of the OGC discussion about API, and see if there is any
feedbacks. I can try to help on this one if it may be useful.

    Martin

Le 02/09/16 � 16:27, George Percivall a �crit :

Posted by George Percivall <gp...@opengeospatial.org>.
Geospatial enthusiasts,

Re: ApacheCon Seville CFP closes September 9th

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Everyone

A final reminder for anyone thinking of submitting a presentation for Apachecon to get it submitted. The closing date for submissions is 9th September (and it will be here before you know it!).

Remember that if we have enough OFBiz submissions that we can propose a full OFBiz track to the Apachecon organisers. We have had full tracks at past Apachecons where we covered a range of topics and they have worked really well. Let's see if we can do it again for Seville!

Thanks
Sharan

Posted by Dima Spivak <ds...@cloudera.com>.
If you're trying to unsubscribe from HBase's mailing lists, go to
https://hbase.apache.org/mail-lists.html and follow the instructions.

--
-Dima

Re: ApacheCon Seville CFP closes September 9th

Posted by Mark Prakash <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Barber <br...@gmail.com>.
Unsubscribe