Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Tim Barham <Ti...@microsoft.com> on 2015/10/05 02:22:09 UTC

[DISCUSS] cordova-serve 0.2.0 release

Hi all... Yesterday I submitted a PR that was a bit of a rework to cordova-serve - previously it had essentially been a direct port of what was in cordova-lib's 'serve' command and cordova-browser, with a couple of hooks to customize functionality. Yesterday's PR changes it to use ExpressJS for the grunt-work (which simplifies the code a lot), and removes those hooks in favor of the ability to attach Express middleware (a breaking change, which will require the next release to be bumped to 0.2.0). If anyone who has an opinion about this could take a look and provide feedback, that'd be great.

Once I've merged it, I'd like to start a vote thread for an updated release of cordova-serve containing this change for a couple of reasons:

* I have the corresponding changes for cordova-browser and cordova-lib ready to go, but I can't get them in until we release the updated cordova-serve module.
* I have another module that uses cordova-serve that I'd like to switch over to the ExpressJS version.

Thanks!

Tim

Re: [DISCUSS] cordova-serve 0.2.0 release

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Haha yeah - just ping the people in your company directory Carlos for
some advice :) Maybe they can even update the licenses just for you ;)

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Barham <Ti...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.