Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/06 15:10:10 UTC

Contributor account (Was: [sling-scala commit] r10 - in trunk/scala-standalone: . src)

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> I see the idea, and as the mentor I'd be ready to sponsor Janandith as
> a partial committer in a specific whiteboard area or our subversion
> repository (after he provides an ICLA, which should be on its way).
>
> I didn't really get how that's setup though, can you clarify, or let
> me know what's needed to make this happen? I'd call for a vote first,
> of course.

Pretty much like adding a normal committer, the only differences would
be in restricting the scope of committership (no PPMC membership and
perhaps with time or access restrictions, like only for the summer
and/or just the whiteboard area). The commit vote should mention these
restrictions. Once voted, the account request to infra would be just
like any other committer account request. Once the account is ready,
the svn-authorization file would be updated according to the selected
access restrictions.

BR,

Jukka Zitting