Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Ravi Prakash <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/25 18:52:44 UTC

How to run yarn?

Hi,

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7563 (or whatever other jira
was responsible) was so awesome that I was able to export
HADOOP_COMMON_HOME, HADOOP_HDFS_HOME and run
target/hadoop-common-0.23.0-SNAPSHOT/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh start
namenode|datanode|secondarynamenode without any hassles. Great work folks!
Kudos! It is really incredible.

Is there a plan for getting the same awesomeness for YARN? What is the plan
for starting the YARN-daemons from source?

Could someone (Alejandro/Eric/?) please point me to one comment / JIRA out
of the millions for mavenization floating around to start YARN-daemons from
the built sources?

Thanks
Ravi.