Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Martin Kalén <mk...@apache.org> on 2005/05/02 17:51:51 UTC

Re: Set up slide WebDAV server

newuser wrote:
> - Could you please tell me how to set up slide as a webdav server an how
> to integrate it with Tomcat, i use Tomcat 5.0.28 and slide 2.0 ?

You could use the Tomcat bundle [1].

> - Is it possible to have a manipulation namespaces, locking and metadata
> management accessed by web browser?

Slide by default only provides a Servlet for read-only access to this
information, but you can use any WebDAV client for changing the metadata.

Also check out the Apache Cocoon Slide-block [2], [3] if you are considering
writing a simple content repository using Slide.

> - I have try my second question using Javascript-IIS and it work, now i'm
> trying to use slide-tomcat but i do not know where should i start.

It depends a bit on what you want to do. If you are on the client-side of
things and want to "talk to WebDAV (Slide server)" you want to use the
Slide WebDAV client library [4].

If you want to start writing integration code on the server-side, you
should have a look at the Slide WebDAV Construction Kit, WCK [5].

HTH - regards,
  Martin

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/howto-tomcat.html
[2] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/
[3] To build the Slide block make sure your Cocoon local.blocks.properties
     does *not* contain these lines (comment them out with "#"):
	include.block.repository=false
	include.block.slide=false
[4] http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/12/23/slide.html
[5] http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/wck.html