Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de> on 2001/07/31 12:36:56 UTC

WebdavServlet build changes for compatibility with servletapi-2.3

Hi all,

I want to propose some changes to the build process of the WebdavServlet, to
make it possible to compile the servlet against the Servlet 2.3 API. Most
importantly, we need versions of the classes XHttpServletResponseFacade and
XHttpServletRequestFacade that have the methods that have been added in 2.3.

To achieve this, I've created two source files for each of the classes,
appending 22/23 to their file names to identify the servlet-api version. The 22
versions are unchanged, the 23 versions extend
HttpServletRequestWrapper/HttpServletResponseWrapper and only override the
methods actually used for the debug logging. The class names are identical.

The build file chooses which version of the file is needed (using the
servlet23.present property), copies the correct files and strips the 22/23
suffix from the filename of the copies. Then during compilation the source files
with the suffixes are excluded.

So this seems to be working fine here, but I'm not 100% sure if it is a clean
enough solution. What do you think ?

-chris
 /=/ cmlenz at gmx.de