Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by "Claude Warren, Jr via dev" <de...@cassandra.apache.org> on 2022/12/15 09:39:11 UTC

Weird results

I am working on a StandaloneDowngrader.java based on StandaloneUpgrader.java

While working on the tests I had a problem with 2 test (testFlagArgs and
testDefaultCall) that failed with:

ERROR [main] 2022-12-14 10:35:20,051 SSTableReader.java:496 - Cannot open
/home/claude/apache/cassandra/build/test/cassandra/data/system_schema/tables-afddfb9dbc1e30688056eed6c302ba09/nb-41-big;
partitioner org.apache.cassandra.dht.ByteOrderedPartitioner does not match
system partitioner org.apache.cassandra.dht.Murmur3Partitioner.  Note that
the default partitioner starting with Cassandra 1.2 is Murmur3Partitioner,
so you will need to edit that to match your old partitioner if upgrading.

The same tests failed in the StandaloneUpgraderTests on which the
StandaloneDowngraderTests are based.

After chatting with Jake I added code to set the partitioner using
DatabaseDescriptor.setPartitionerUsafe() and a try catch  block to make
sure it got reset in one test.  BOTH tests worked.

I then removed the just added code and both tests continued to work.

I restarted the IDE and both tests continued to work.

So I am not sure how adding and then removing code (including the include
statements) can make the tests work.  But I wanted to post this here so
that if there are other weird cases perhaps we can figure out what is
happening.

Re: Weird results

Posted by Paulo Motta <pa...@apache.org>.
I recently came across this issue. I was able to fix it with "ant
realclean" + "ant build", indicating it's probably a leftover configuration
from a previous test. We probably need to find which tests with a non
default partitioner are not being properly cleaned up.