Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Sven Haiges <sv...@googlemail.com> on 2006/06/03 12:12:44 UTC

JSTL and Jetty via Maven

Hi all,

I created a new myfaces app with the myfaces maven archetype and
successfully migrated my application to maven. I now would like to use jetty
to test my application, again, I am using maven to start jetty here.

When I surf to a jsp-Page that uses the JSTL tag library, I get this
exception:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: The absolute uri:
http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core cannot be resolved in either web.xml or
the jar files deployed with this application
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(
DefaultErrorHandler.java:50)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(
ErrorDispatcher.java:407)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(
ErrorDispatcher.java:114)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.generateTLDLocation
(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:316)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.<init>(
TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:147)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirective(
Parser.java:418)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:483)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:1543)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:126)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.doParse(
ParserController.java:211)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(
ParserController.java:100)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java
:146)

Clearly, JSTL cannotbe resolved by jetty. The app previously ran fine on
tomcat 5.5.x and I alredy included JSTL into the maven dependencies. I also
tried to include it into the maven jetty dependencies, but no success.

I guess this is a trivial error, due to my lack of Jetty.

Who knows the answer?

Cheers\
Sven

--
Sven Haiges
sven.haiges@googlemail.com

TEL +49 89 420 958 993 | SIPgate 8008878 | Skype: hansamann
Personal Homepage, Wiki & Blog: http://www.svenhaiges.de

Re: JSTL and Jetty via Maven

Posted by Sven Haiges <sv...@googlemail.com>.
Thanx.... found the error. Just included jstl.jar, standard.jar was missing.
Gnarf.

cu
Sven

Re: JSTL and Jetty via Maven